There are a plethora of gym abs workouts. All these help you get a stronger core, six-pack abs, better strength and stamina, and an overall better build. Some of these abs workouts are done on the mat on the floor, but most of them are done with the equipment available in the gym. Here are some of the most effective gym abs workouts you can try. These include the cable machine, pull-up bar, Bosu ball, abs roller, barbell and more. You can just pick any three of them and do 3 sets with 15 to 20 reps each.
Effective Gym Abs Workouts
The pull-up bar is a strong rod high up in the ceiling. You can grip it with your palms.
- Hang on to it with your legs extended and without touching the ground. You should be able to feel the tension in your arms.
- Now with your legs draw a big circle in the air. This exercise is Hanging leg circles. You can do an anti-clockwise movement too.
- Do 3 sets with 8 to 10 rotations each. A similar exercise on the pull-up bar is the Hanging bicycles.
- In this, as the name suggests, you need to pedal your feet in the air as if riding a cycle.
- Do this in sets of 3 at a fast speed for around 30 seconds each set.
A cable machine is an easy form of abs workout. You need to stack some lightweight and position the cable in line with your chest.
- Hold the cable with both your hands and extend your arms fully at the chest level.
- Extend and come to a half-squat, while holding the weight straight. Hold for 30 seconds, let go, rest and repeat.
- You can also perform a cable oblique crunch using this cable machine. Put some medium weight and stand in front of the machine towards the right.
- Hold the cable handle with your right hand and put your left hand behind your head.
- Next, lean to your left side and perform a standing side crunch. Return to the beginning position and perform 3 sets of 15 reps each.
- Next, you need to repeat the same movements on the other side also.
A Bosu Ball can be used for performing mountain climber exercises.
- Place the ball with its bubble side on the ground.
- Get into a plank position and hold the ball at the sides on the flat side. Now, get the right knee inside towards the left elbow and then change the movement with the right elbow. This way, get into movement as if you are climbing a mountain.
- Repeat this movement quickly for 30 seconds, rest and repeat again.
- Perform this exercise in sets of 3. You can also try the C-sit with the Bosu Ball. You need to sit in the center of the ball with your knees together.
- Keep your back straight and feet pressed firmly on the ground. Furthermore, as you find your balance, lift your feet off the ground and lean back slightly.
- Now, raise your arms at your sides, as if performing a V-hold. Hold onto this position for 30 seconds, rest and then repeat thrice.